LINK: Services From a Distance
Starting Monday, May 11th, the LPL will resume our normal schedule.
In accordance with recommendations made by the CDC, as well as State and Local Government, the following policies have been established. They will remain in effect and will be enforced until further notice.
1) We will be limiting the number of people allowed into the library at one time to a maximum of 5 (excluding staff).
2) We will be abiding by the 6 foot social distancing mandate.
3) A total of 6 computers will be available at a time: 2 PCs and 4 MACs. We will be limiting the time for computer use to 20 minutes, unless it is work/school related and there is a time constraint. Patron Wifi is still available and can be connected to while outside the building.
4) Anyone who comes in must wash their hands. It will be posted and we will be directing all who enter to do so.
6) All entering the library must be wearing a face mask, either a medically rated one or an acceptable DIY version. Your mouth and nose must be covered at all times while you are inside the library.
7) All programs are canceled until further notice.
8) We are offering curb side service to anyone who would prefer not to come in. Please be patient if you elect to use this. Give us as much lead time as possible. Our # is 334/335-5326
We are doing our best to serve our community while taking the necessary measures to ensure that we are doing so in a manner that minimizes risk; to ourselves as well as our patrons. We ask for your patience, understanding and cooperation in order to do so.
The Luverne Public Library Staff 5/07/2020
The link to the Resources Page is at the top of this page in the red font. It is being updated as we are able to.
Welcome to Luverne Public Library.
We offer Adult Fiction, Non-Fiction, Biographies, and Large-Print books. We also have a sizeable children’s section that includes Young Adult, Juvenile Fiction/Non-Fiction, as well as an Easy Read section for beginner readers. Both of our Juvenile and Easy Read section books are marked for the Accelerated Reading program by grade level and points for testing. We have a huge selection of CD-Audiobooks, Juvenile & Adult DVDs, as well as some Music CDs.
If we do not have something in our physical catalog on site we offer Inter-Library Loan service and access to digital books/audio-books/movies via your smart phone/tablet/personal computer through our affiliation with Camellia Net, an on-line digital library, to our patrons.
We have a 13 computers, both PCs and Macs, available for use as long as proper photo ID or library card is presented at our front desk. Free Wi-Fi is available 24/7 for our patrons and the general public, both inside the building (when we are open), and from our outside entrance way and parking lot.
Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook so you can get the most up to date information on policy changes, events and programs, and new holdings that have been added to our catalog.