Luverne Public Library's 2019 Summer Reading Schedule
“A Universe of Stories“ & "A Summer of Science"
Join us for a summer full of fun, educational programs designed to keep your children engaged in interesting activities that encourage creativity and help stop the "summer learning loss".
* * * * * * June 2019 * * * * * *
Ages 3-8: Tuesdays, 10- 11 a.m. on Tuesdays, June 4, 11, 18, & 25
Ages 9-12: Thursdays, 10- 11 a.m. on Thursdays, June 6, 12, 20, & 27
Teen Time, Ages 13 - 18 (Grades 7th to 12th), 1:00 - 3 p.m. We will meet on Tuesdays - June 5, 12, 19, 26 (Except on “Movie & Popcorn” days — the run time on these days will be according to length of movie)
Special Programs for children of all ages
- Friday, June 7th @ 10 am: Alabama 4-H Center Raptor Trek “Birds of Prey”
- Monday, June 10th @ 10 am: Gene Cordova, Ventriloquist
- Friday, June 14th @ 10 a.m.: Skip the Magic Guy
- Friday, June 14th From 1 – 2 p.m.: Magic Workshop w/ Skip The Magic Guy
- Monday, June 17th @ 10 am: Mr. Bond & The Science Guys
- Monday, June 24th @ 10 am: Dr. Magical Balloons
will continue to meet monthly during Summer Reading on Thursdays, June 28th & July 26th, from 4 – 5 p.m.
In partnership with Crenshaw County Cooperative Extension Office
**Registration is required for the following activities since space is limited. Check back since more programs will be added.**
- Thursday, June 6th, 11:15 – 11:45 a.m., Yoga
- Thursday, June 13th, 11:15 – 11:45 a.m., Yoga
- Thursday, June 20th, 4 – 5 p.m. – 4-H Club
- Thursday, June 20th, 11:15 – 11:45 a.m., Yoga
- Thursday, June 27th, 11:15 – 11:45 a.m., Yoga
- Thursday, July 18th, 4 – 5 p.m. – 4-H Club
- Thursday, July 18th, 5:15 – 5:45 p.m., Yoga
Movie Madness in June
All screenings will start promptly at 2 p.m.. Please arrive 15 minutes prior
|Wednesday, June 5th||Wednesday, June 12th|
|Wednesday, June 19th||Wednesday, June 26th|
Follow this link to see which movies will be shown when
All children 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult that stays in the conference room during the show
Don't forget to like us on Facebook and check our page regularly to find out more information about the events and programs you want to attend!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE LUVERNE PUBLIC LIBRARY THIS SUMMER!
For more information, please call the library at 334/335-5326.
~ All the above programs are free and open to anyone, unless otherwise noted ~